2.6.17-rc6, bcm43xx and WPA

From: Andreas Rittershofer
Date: Thu Jun 08 2006 - 06:25:41 EST

I've installed kernel 2.6.17-rc6 and activited the bcm43xx-driver for my
Broadcom-Chip in my notebook, also softmac, ...

The wlan-driver is loaded successfully, I can set all parameters and so
on.

I also installed wpa_supplicant without problems.

Authentication to my AP is not possible, the problem seems to be:

ioctl[SIOCSIWENCODEEXT]: Invalid argument
Driver did not support SIOCSIWENCODEEXT
WPA: Failed to set PTK to the driver.

So it seems that the bcm43xx-driver included in this kernel versions is
not ok - I cannot connect to my AP using WPA.

Any hints?

mfg ar

--
E-Learning in der Schule: