Re: [2.6.17-rc5-mm2] crash when doing second suspend: BUG in arch/i386/kernel/nmi.c:174

From: Don Zickus
Date: Tue Jun 06 2006 - 17:40:20 EST

On Tue, Jun 06, 2006 at 04:18:15PM +0200, Andi Kleen wrote:

> > Because he is using a i386 machine, the nmi watchdog is disabled by
> > default.
>
> I changed that - it's now on by default on i386 too.
>
> -Andi

I am trying to create a patch for this problem and it just dawned on me,
how does one store the previous state in a suspend/resume path if the code
hotplugs all the cpus first? CPU0 is easy because an explicit
suspend/resume path is called, but it seems to be called last after all
the other cpus have been removed. How do I save the state?

Is there a recommened way of doing this? Or can I assume that
__cpu_disable/enable is only called by the suspend/resume subsystem?

Thanks.

Cheers,
Don