Re: mixing cache size on xeon4's in smp system

From: Chris Wedgwood
Date: Mon Jun 05 2006 - 05:24:28 EST

On Sun, Jun 04, 2006 at 05:38:25PM -0600, Brian F. G. Bidulock wrote:

> For most motherboards the answer is no, regardless of whether you
> are running Linux or not.

Actually, I've had a system when the hardware was failing and one CPU
lost it's bottle and thought it had less cache (and maybe was a
different speed, forget).

Anyhow, Linux did work with the exception of timekeeping was screwy
(hence I think the speed of one CPU was wrong and I had to reboot with
notsc or something until I got the CPU replaced).