zd1201 & ipw2200 problems

From: Pavel Machek
Date: Tue May 30 2006 - 07:17:10 EST

Hi!

I see some strange problems with zd1201. (Ccing greg, he seen
something similar).

Wireless LAN is configured on eth1 (ipw2200) and works. I insert
zd1201 usb wireless card, and pings stop. I do not have (or should not
have) any hotplug scripts doing anything. Leds on zd1201 light up.

If I unplug zd1201, pings immediately continue.

If I issue iwlist wlan0 scan, zd1201 discovers some networks, its led
goes out, and ipw2200 ping immediately continue (ipw2200 starts to
work).

Now... what is going on? Any ideas how to debug it?

Plus, zd1201 does not work on sharp zaurus (pxa arm-based)
machine. (Any idea if that is little or big endian?). It is detected
okay, lights light up, but iwlist wlan0 scan produces no results.

Pavel

pavel@amd:~$ cat /proc/interrupts
CPU0
0: 776518 XT-PIC timer
1: 12266 XT-PIC i8042
2: 0 XT-PIC cascade
8: 1 XT-PIC rtc
9: 123162 XT-PIC acpi
11: 48021 XT-PIC ohci1394, yenta, yenta,
ehci_hcd:usb1, uhci_hcd:usb2, uhci_hcd:usb3,
uhci_hcd:usb4, Intel 82801DB-ICH4, ipw2200
12: 11315 XT-PIC i8042
14: 21677 XT-PIC ide0
NMI: 0
LOC: 0