Re: Question on Space.c

From: Jesper Juhl
Date: Mon May 29 2006 - 14:09:19 EST

On 29/05/06, Nick Warne <nick@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I saw Space.o being build, and seeing as it is Capitalised thought I would see
why, and maybe a patch to make it all lower case.

[snip]
I have looked though docs and googled as to why this One File Is Like This to
no avail? Convention?

The normal convention is for filenames to be all lowercase except for
some special ones like "Makefile", "Kconfig", "README" etc (although
there are a few exceptions,for source files, like
drivers/scsi/NCR5380.c, include/asm-m68knommu/MC68328.h,
drivers/block/DAC960.c and others).
To find some more, try this in the kernel source dir : find ./ -name "[A-Z]*"

It would make sense to me personally to rename this one, but it's not
my call and besides it'll open a whole can of worms about whether or
not to rename the other ones...

--
Jesper Juhl <jesper.juhl@xxxxxxxxx>