Re: How to send a break? - dump from frozen 64bit linux

From: Haar János
Date: Sun May 28 2006 - 03:16:29 EST

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jim Crilly" <jim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "Haar János" <djani22@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: <linux-kernel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, May 28, 2006 1:43 AM
Subject: Re: How to send a break?

> On 05/27/06 02:58:44PM +0200, Haar János wrote:
> > Hello, list,
> >
> > I wish to know, how to send a "BREAK" to trigger the sysreq functions on
the
> > serial line, using echo.
> >
> > I mean like this:
> >
> > #!/bin/bash
> > echo "?BREAK?" >/dev/ttyS0
> > sleep 2
> > echo "m" >/dev/ttyS0
> >

> Is there a reason you can't use "echo -n m > /proc/sysrq-trigger"?

Yes, i want to dump my frequently frozen remote server, automatically, if it
is possible. (using null-modem cable, and another server.)

Anyway, i made it this time by hand.

Here is the dump:
http://download.netcenter.hu/bughunt/20060528/log.txt (400KB!)

Can somebody tell me, what is wrong exactly?

Anyway, i interested about, how can i -a single user- interpret these dump
to made error reporting more useful?

The problem:
I used one stable system on 32bit, but i need to switch to X86_64, because
the nbd cannot use >2TB devices on 32bit.
I have reinstall the RH 9.0 to FC 5.0, and recompiled everything what i used
to serving. (the OS is only for external tasks.)

But on 64bit, my system becomes unstable.
Sometimes it is frozen, but no error message at all!
I can see, the crond-jobs is hangs too, but syslog can post messages, but no
valuable at all.
(I cannot login with ssh.)

Thats why i need to dump with serial console.

Can somebody help me? :-)

Here is the "normal" dmesg message:
http://download.netcenter.hu/bughunt/20060528/dmesg.txt (21KB)

Thanks,