Re: ext3-fs transient corruption with devmapper over md raid, kernel 2.6.16.14

From: Alasdair G Kergon
Date: Tue May 23 2006 - 18:16:08 EST

On Tue, May 23, 2006 at 01:26:32PM -0500, Evan Harris wrote:
> I just recently upgraded a machine to use devmapper for an encrypted
> filesystem on top of a software raid5 array. System is running a
> stock 2.6.16.14 kernel with no additional patches.

> Happy to provide any further info that may be useful.

This might not be practical for you, but what we're looking for
is people who can reproduce this on a test system where they can
try varying things one-at-a-time. For example, replace dm-crypt
with dm-linear (e.g. a standard unencrypted LVM2 logical volume);
replace raid5 with (md) linear. Also test with the latest
development kernels to see if recent md patches fixed the problem.

Alasdair
--
agk@xxxxxxxxxx