Re: [IDEA] Poor man's UPS

From: Christian Trefzer
Date: Mon May 22 2006 - 18:40:30 EST

On Mon, May 22, 2006 at 09:46:44PM +0200, Nuri Jawad wrote:
> On Mon, 22 May 2006, Christian Trefzer wrote:
> I bought a used APC Back-UPS Pro 1400 VA from Ebay for 60 EUR. Batteries
> in top condition, like new.
> I didn't follow the complete thread, but.. you must have a lot of time on
> your hands =).

Not quite, unfortunately. Just some strange thoughts at times, that's
about it.

So far the quality of the electricity network here is quite in order, if
not perfect. But since it's all about money these days, that quality
will drop sooner or later. Until that time has come I'd better be in a
position to afford the UPS and the space to tuck it in. Anyway, all this
self-made consideration is more out of interest. In case I'd actually go
into production, I know a few guys I can ask in advance whether what I
want to do is entirely insane or actually worth thinking over in terms
of a fun-to-do project.

Kind regards,
Chris