Re: libata PATA updated patch

From: Alan Cox
Date: Wed May 17 2006 - 07:48:52 EST

On Maw, 2006-05-16 at 15:56 -0400, John Stoffel wrote:
> Alan> I've put a patch versus -rc4 in the usual place. This should
> Alan> sort out the PIO problems and a few other glitches
>
> Should I bother testing this on my HPT302 box? I didn't see any
> response to my earlier bug reports, just checking to make sure I'm
> doing a usefull service here.

I've not attacked the HPT3xx hardware again yet. For one the fact that
Sergei Shtylyov is rewriting the "old style" driver for it to knock a
lot of the problems out means much of that stuff will want porting again
once he is finished

Sergei may well appreciate testers however.

Thanks for the testing so far

Alan