Re: [RFT] major libata update

From: Jeff Garzik
Date: Mon May 15 2006 - 23:51:16 EST

Avuton Olrich wrote:
On 5/15/06, Jeff Garzik <jeff@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Avuton Olrich wrote:
> On 5/15/06, Jeff Garzik <jeff@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> * sata_sil and ata_piix also need healthy re-testing of all basic
>> functionality.
>
> I'm testing it right now, but with 2.6.17-rc4-git2 I was getting:

Testing what? sata_sil? Please provide full dmesg, there's a lot of
missing information.

More followup, it did finally error out on me:

Not sure if it helps any, but this is a sata2 disk with a sata
interface. This is rc4-git2 with the libata patch from the beginning
of this thread, using sata_sil.

Can you configure your interrupts so that ethernet and SATA are not on the same irq?

Also, please provide _full_ dmesg and _full_ lspci, not just the SATA-related stuff. This looks motherboard- or hardware-related.

Jeff