Re: [RFT] major libata update

From: Alan Cox
Date: Mon May 15 2006 - 19:27:32 EST

On Llu, 2006-05-15 at 19:00 -0400, Jeff Garzik wrote:
> Always helpful. ata_piix should support Intel PATA controllers, modulo
> some bugs that Alan is fixing / has fixed. If your PCI ID isn't listed,
> you will have to add it, and an associated info entry. Again, take a
> look at Alan's libata PATA patches for guidance.

Without the patches I've got everything non ATAPI should work (ATAPI
will I think 99% work) and anything that is ICH or later (UDMA66 or
higher) should behave correctly.

PIIX/MPIIX won't work with it, and UDMA33 chips may work providing the
scribbles to the wrong register happen to be harmless.

Alan