mcelog ?

From: Stephan von Krawczynski
Date: Mon May 15 2006 - 05:42:08 EST

Hello,

can some kind soul please shortly explain what this message tells me:

HARDWARE ERROR
CPU 1: Machine Check Exception: 4 Bank 4: b60a200170080813
TSC 89cfb4725b17 ADDR 1025cb3f0
This is not a software problem!
Run through mcelog --ascii to decode and contact your hardware vendor
Kernel panic - not syncing: Machine check

Of course I ran mcelog but I don't quite understand how the additional info
helps me finding the problem.
Is this a problem with RAM? And if, which one?

The box is a dual opteron with two banks of mem (4 sockets each), each socket
holding a 1 GB mem module.

Thanks for any hints.
--
Regards,