Re: How to read BIOS information

From: Madhukar Mythri
Date: Mon May 08 2006 - 10:58:10 EST

Arjan van de Ven wrote:

On Mon, 2006-05-08 at 19:44 +0530, Madhukar Mythri wrote:

Hi,
Im new to this group.
I want to get some information from BIOS. i.e i want to know whether Hyperthreading is Enabled/Disabled(as per BIOS settings) from an user applications program.

there is no standard way to do this. You can use /proc/cpuinfo to see if
the kernel found ht'd processors. But that's the best you can do.
(well you could grovel through the acpi tables just like the kernel
does, but you really don't want to do that from userspace)

"proc/cpuinfo" says only HT support is their or not but, it will not say whether HT is Enalbled/Disabled..
How to read ACPI tables ? Can you give little info on this...
even from Driver program, if its possible please tell me...

--
Thanks & Regards
Madhukar Mythri