Re: sata suspend resume ...

From: Arkadiusz Miskiewicz
Date: Wed Apr 19 2006 - 12:57:10 EST

On Wednesday 19 April 2006 18:13, Hugh Dickins wrote:
> On Wed, 19 Apr 2006, Jeff Chua wrote:
> > Any change of getting suspend/resume to work on my IBM X60s notebook.
> >
> > Disk model is ...
> >
> > MODEL="ATA HTS541060G9SA00"
> > FW_REV="MB3I"
> >
> > Linux 2.6.17-rc2.
> >
> > System suspends ok. Resume ok. but no disk access after that.
>
> Not the same disk model, but I've been having similar trouble on a T43p.
>
> I was delighted to see the MSI suspend/resume fix go into 2.6.17-rc2,
> but then disappointed.

Are you using ahci or ata_piix? It seem that people have success with AHCI but
not with ata_piix.

My ThinkPad Z60m has
00:1f.2 IDE interface: Intel Corporation 82801FBM (ICH6M) SATA Controller (rev
03)
which afaik is AHCI capable but only if BIOS initializes it in ahci mode ;-/
Unfortunately there is no such option in BIOS (I've checked latest available
bios - 1.14).

Is it possible to initialize this controller in AHCI mode by Linux itself
without BIOS help? (where possible means ,,possible but not implemented'',
too)

--
Arkadiusz Miśkiewicz PLD/Linux Team
arekm / maven.pl http://ftp.pld-linux.org/