RE: searching exported symbols from modules

From: Antti Halonen
Date: Wed Apr 19 2006 - 11:34:13 EST

Thanks for your persistence!

> but to what purpose?
> what on earth do you need this for?
> Again you talk about solutions not about the problem you're trying to
> solve.

I have module which has set of algorithms. When I load my module, I will
initialize my function pointer interface to point to these algorithms.
And then go ahead and use my pointers trough the application...

This way I can easily add new algorithm implementations into my product
and decide on the fly which ones to initialize into use.

Now. It happens that I have another module which offers algorithms I
want to be able to use. So when I shoot up my module it should be able
to initialize
either the ones the external module offers or use the internal
algorithms. In order to do this, I need to figure out on the fly if the
other module is present, where it is, where I can find the function
addresses...

Hope you can make any sense out of this!

br,
antti