was Re: quell interactive feeding frenzy

From: Con Kolivas
Date: Sun Apr 16 2006 - 06:38:05 EST

Al Since you have an unhealthy interest in cpu schedulers you may also want to
look at my ultimate fairness with mild interactivity builtin cpu scheduler I
hacked on briefly. I was bored for a couple of days and came up with the
design and hacked it together. I never got around to finishing it to live up
fully to its design intent but it's working embarassingly well at the moment.
It makes no effort to optimise for interactivity in anyw way. Maybe if I ever
find some spare time I'll give it more polish and port it to plugsched.
Ignore the lovely name I give it; the patch is for 2.6.16. It's a dual
priority array rr scheduler that iterates over all priorities. This is as
opposed to staircase which is a single priority array scheduler where the
tasks themselves iterate over all priorities.

http://ck.kolivas.org/patches/crap/sched-crap-1.patch

--
-ck