Re: [RFC/PATCH] Shared Page Tables [0/2]

From: Dave McCracken
Date: Mon Apr 10 2006 - 16:12:02 EST

--On Monday, April 10, 2006 10:22:34 -0700 Christoph Lameter
<clameter@xxxxxxx> wrote:

>> Here's a new cut of the shared page table patch. I divided it into
>> two patches. The first one just fleshes out the
>> pxd_page/pxd_page_kernel macros across the architectures. The
>> second one is the main patch.
>> (...)
>
> Could you break out the locking changes to huge pages?

The lock changes to hugetlb are only to support sharing of pmd pages when
they contain hugetlb pages. They just substitute the struct page lock for
the page_table_lock, and are only about 30 lines of code. Is this really
worth separating out?

Dave McCracken