Re: 2.6.17-rc1-mm2: badness in 3w_xxxx driver

From: Andrew Morton
Date: Sun Apr 09 2006 - 16:43:51 EST

Nick Orlov <bugfixer@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> Confirmed, this patch solves the "badness" problem for me.

yup, thanks.

> I still experiencing a weird hangs though (the box just hangs, no
> messages on console/syslog, nothing). I'll try to nail it down.
>
> 2.6.16-mm2 works like a charm with the same config.
> Do you know which patches should I try to revert first?

Gee, 2.6.16-mm2 was a long time ago.

Tried sysrq?

echo 1 > /proc/sys/kernel/sysrq
<wait for hang>
ALT-SYSRQ-P or ALT-SYSRQ-T

Is the NMi watchdog enabled? Boot with `nmi_watchdog=1', make sure that
the NMI counts are incrementing in /proc/interrupts.

Failing all that, testing 2.6.17-rc1 would be interesting.