Re: CD writing in future Linux (stirring up a hornets' nest)

From: Joerg Schilling
Date: Wed Feb 22 2006 - 12:48:52 EST

"D. Hazelton" <dhazelton@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Tuesday 21 February 2006 04:55, Joerg Schilling wrote:
> > "D. Hazelton" <dhazelton@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > > Don't even start. In a private exchange you stated that you had been
> > > thinking of mapping ATA/ATAPI devices into a "middle" bus slot to remove
> > > the need for the "ATA" and "ATAPI" host identifiers and to allow libscg
> > > to scan the ATA/ATAPI bus at the same time it scans the SCSI bus on Linux
> > > systems.
> > >
> > > I asked about using the numbers provided by Linux - ie. /dev/hda = 6,3,0
> > > - and you said it was wrong and not useful. I've since asked you in
> > > another private mail if you have another solution I could code into the
> > > patch and don't expect a reply until tomorrow.
> >
> > And I explained you why this is inapropriate. So what is your peoblem?
>
> And I asked if _you_ had a solution that I could then implement. Apparently

And I did tell you what I was thinking off, so where is your problem?

Don't you remember anymore that I did reply on 30th January to a mail
from Albert Cahalan that the dirty cheap mapping is not useful?

> you are no intelligent enough, or have your head too far up your ass, to
> understand a simple question. Goodbye, Joerg - you are now in my killfile.

So even you are just one of these trolls that are unable to have a tachical
based discussion and at some time start with personal infrimngements?

Tell me why I did spend so much time replying to your mail if you are not able
to to what you did promise before?

Jörg

--
EMail:joerg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (home) Jörg Schilling D-13353 Berlin