Git via a proxy server?

From: Salyzyn, Mark
Date: Wed Feb 22 2006 - 10:42:07 EST

Rsync protocol for git is not working for some reason when I pick up the
trees; apparently others share my experience. So I switched to the git
protocol. I can pick up the trees via git if I am outside Adaptec's
network, but inside I need to go through the proxy server.

Urls like:

git://proxyserver:8080/?url=git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/gi
t/jejb/
git://proxyserver:8080/?url=tcp://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/gi
t/jejb/
git://proxyserver:8080/?url=git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/jejb
/

Doesn't even appear to hit the proxy server. MIS had opened up the port
directly as a test using:

git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/jejb/

worked fine, but it can not be a permanent arrangement. They have the
same port on the proxy server set up as well, but the logs indicate zero
hits.

Any ideas?

Sincerely -- Mark Salyzyn