Re: 2.6.16-rc4-mm1

From: Alexander E. Patrakov
Date: Wed Feb 22 2006 - 10:23:14 EST

I wrote:

there will be probably another report of real issues.

It boots and doesn't oops. I have played with libata a bit (booted off ext3 on LVM2 on via pata, played some CD audio tracks, and a DVD intro - btw this also counts as snd-fm801 test). It is still slow because of improper MWDMA2 setting (libata still doesn't know that master and slave can use different DMA speeds on via pata).

ppracer works, so this counts as r200 DRM test.

I also hit the already-known psmouse resync issue:

psmouse.c: resync failed, issuing reconnect request
input: ImExPS/2 Logitech Wheel Mouse as /class/input/input2

And, because you can read this, the 8250 serial driver and the PPP protocol work.

Of course the above doesn't form good testing, so I will just use this kernel and report if I find more.

--
Alexander E. Patrakov