Re: Trap flag handling change in 2.6.10-bk5 broke Kylix debugger

From: Paulo Marques
Date: Wed Feb 15 2006 - 12:44:32 EST

Chuck Ebbert wrote:
On Tue, 14 Feb 2006 at 20:21:08 +0000, Paulo Marques wrote:

+ regs->eflags &= ~TF_MASK;
+ tsk->ptrace &= ~PT_DTRACE;
+ if (!tsk->ptrace & PT_DTRACE)

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Looks like this is always true because that bit was cleared one line above.
Maybe it should be testing PT_DTRACED instead? And it's missing parens too,
so try:
if (!(tsk->ptrace & PT_DTRACED))

Yes, this does look funny :P

However, this is the piece of code that I don't put in in order to make the debugger work, and it doesn't exist on the vanilla 2.6.16-rc kernel anymore.

What I did try to do was to add the:

- if ((tsk->ptrace & (PT_DTRACE|PT_PTRACED)) == PT_DTRACE)
- goto clear_TF;

condition to the 2.6.16-rc kernel, but that didn't work anyway :(

--
Paulo Marques - www.grupopie.com

Pointy-Haired Boss: I don't see anything that could stand in our way.
Dilbert: Sanity? Reality? The laws of physics?