Re: CD writing in future Linux (stirring up a hornets' nest)

From: D. Hazelton
Date: Tue Feb 14 2006 - 17:03:54 EST

On Tuesday 14 February 2006 08:37, Joerg Schilling wrote:
> "D. Hazelton" <dhazelton@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > > - does not need more time to integrate than I would need to
> > > write this from scratch
> > >
> > > Unfortunately, many people who send patches to me do not follow
> > > these simple rules.
> >
> > Okay - show me your standards document and I'll get to work on a patch to
> > do what I earlier proposed. It won't be "adding new functionality" but it
> > will be making the interface a tiny bit simpler for the novice user.
>
> ?????
>
> 1) RTFM
> 2) ftp://ftp.berlios.de/pub/cdrecord/PORTING
> 3) http://cdrecord.berlios.de/old/private/port.ps
> 4) http://cvs.opensolaris.org/source/xref/on/usr/src/tools/scripts/cstyle.p
>

> If you do not follow the spirit of the interface design or of you break
> things on other OS, your patch will not be accepted.
>
> Jörg

I shall and thank you. Given current constraints on my time I should have the
patch I mentioned available in no more than two weeks.

If my patch breaks something on another OS, then please inform me so that I
can modify the code and send you a fixed patch. After all, as I've said
before, I don't have the access to the resources you do for testing.

DRH