Re: a couple of oopses with 2.6.14

From: James Bottomley
Date: Thu Feb 09 2006 - 18:39:27 EST

On Thu, 2006-02-09 at 15:27 -0800, Andrew Morton wrote:
> So we have a sata problem. It triggered two scsi bugs. The first (a
> warning) is being fixed. I don't know if the second has been fixed.

The second should be fixed by this:

author goggin, edward <egoggin@xxxxxxx> Tue, 8 Nov 2005 20:02:23 +0000
(15:02 -0500)
commit 34ea80ec6a02ad02e6b9c75c478c18e5880d6713

[SCSI] fix usb storage oops

The problem is that scsi_run_queue is called from scsi_next_command()
after doing a scsi_put_command. If the command was the only thing
holding the reference on the scsi_device then the resulting device put
will tear down the block queue. Fix this by taking a reference to the
device and holding it around scsi_run_queue()

James