kernel panic 2.6.15

From: lkml
Date: Tue Jan 31 2006 - 21:11:49 EST

good morning,

when rendering a video with cinelerra (heavy disk io/cpu), even in
single user mode (recent debian unstable), the kernel running on this
computer haunts me with panic reactions.

Call Trace:

update_process_times
timer_interrupt
handle_IRQ_event
__do_IRQ
do_IRQ
common_interrupt
__copy_from_user
genuine_file_buffered_write
lin_vfs_get_block
xfs_write
ide_build_sglist
linvfs_aio_write
do_sync_write
autoremove_wake_function
vfs_write
sys_write
syscall_call

if that says anything to you - please tell me. I hope its enough to tell
whats going on. if not, please ask, I want that to work :)

yours,
peter

PS: the render goes thru with an old 2.4.sth kernel, but not with
2.6.14. the system is a via kt400 based, list of modules loaded:

Module Size Used by
nls_iso8859_15 4104 -
nls_cp850 4360 -
vfat 11112 -