Re: CD writing in future Linux try #2 [ was: Re: CD writing in futureLinux (stirring up a hornets' nest) ]

From: Bill Davidsen
Date: Tue Jan 31 2006 - 18:54:17 EST

Joerg Schilling wrote:
Jan Engelhardt <jengelh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

That's what I believe to be cdrecord/libscg bugs:

1) libscg or cdrecord does not automatically probe all available
transports, but only SCSI:

This one is IMO just "a missing feature", as I can get the ATA/PI list using
cdrecord -dev=ATA: -scanbus

It cannot be fixed unless the two first bugs from my Linux kernel
bug report have been fixed.

Since we are making an effort to be civil, perhaps you might call these "characteristics" instead of bugs. Generally "bug" refers to an unintended behaviour, rather than an intended behaviour which may not be optimal.

--
-bill davidsen (davidsen@xxxxxxx)