Re: 2.6.16-rc1-mm4

From: Andrew Morton
Date: Tue Jan 31 2006 - 18:06:37 EST

Avuton Olrich <avuton@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 1/29/06, Andrew Morton <akpm@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/akpm/patches/2.6/2.6.16-rc1/2.6.16-rc1-mm4/
>
> I'm getting a kernel panic on my Libretto L5 on boot, I don't have a
> serial port on this laptop, I don't have time at the moment to setup
> netconsole, and it doesn't get the full information. Hopefully this
> picture helps a bit:
>
> http://68.111.224.150:8080/P1010306.JPG
>
> If it doesn't help I will attempt to get a netconsole on this computer
> on the near future.

jpeg is fine. It helps if you can get 50 rows on the screen - boot with
the appropriate `vga=' option, put SYSFONT="iso08.08" in
/etc/sysconfig/i18n, etc.

It seems that some cpufreq notifier has done a divide-by-zero. But I can't
see any sign of which one it is. You might get a better trace if you set
CONFIG_FRAME_POINTER=n.

If you could do those things and then prepare another photo it would really
help, thanks.