Re: config order problems

From: Roman Zippel
Date: Mon Jan 30 2006 - 10:11:27 EST

Hi,

On Mon, 30 Jan 2006, Jan Engelhardt wrote:

> there is a slight problem with `make config` (oldconfig, silentoldconfig).
> By the time we get to the
>
> Netfilter Xtables support (required for ip_tables)
> (NETFILTER_XTABLES) [N/m/y/?] (NEW) m
>
> part, CONFIG_NETFILTER_XT_TARGET_CONNMARK is for example not offered
> because it depends on IP_NF_MANGLE which can be selected later. It is
> therefore impossible to select CONNMARK without having to go through config
> twice. In case of automated scripts, this means that CONNMARK remains
> unselected unless special actions were taken.

It's of course preferable to present the config options in their logical
order, but 'make config' can deal with it anyway, at the end it rechecks
the config and it will restart the section, if it doesn't it's a bug.
I tried it here and it works fine, so if there is a problem I need some
instruction to reproduce it.

bye, Roman