Re: OSDL and the Linux kernel community

From: Nick
Date: Sat Jan 28 2006 - 12:08:49 EST

On 28/01/06, Otto Wyss <otto.wyss@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I've just read about Greg Kroah-Hartman (one of the 17 kernel
> developers) proposal about what OSDL could do to improve the kernel
> work. As a none-kernel developer I think it's important to look closer
> at some of the issues.

Of course, you can do what I do at work - promote GNU/Linux in _every_
conversation with the users (no matter waht the topic).

Only this week I recovered 1.2GB of pictures from a users home
computer that die running eXtra Problems.

Using Knoppix and a USB stick with the bad drive mounted on hdb (ok,
took 6 'runs' to recover all data) , he was WELL impressed (his wife
even more so...) and started asking questions...

Nick