Re: ALSA on MIPS platform

From: Hugh Dickins
Date: Thu Jan 26 2006 - 14:18:01 EST

On Thu, 26 Jan 2006, Takashi Iwai wrote:
> At Fri, 27 Jan 2006 00:29:25 +0900 (JST),
> Atsushi Nemoto wrote:
>
> > The most part of issue #1 will vanish if NEED_RESERVE_PAGES was
> > defined, and currently only ARM define this. ARM defines
> > NEED_RESERVE_PAGES because it has dma_mmap_coherent(), right?
>
> Well, the whole page-reserve kludge should disappear anyway in near
> future. Right now it's in the process.

Yes, mark_pages() and unmark_pages() can just be removed as soon as
you like.

I didn't reply to the original posting because I noticed they're not
all of the virt_to_page()s in sound/core, and sometimes a part-answer
distracts someone more competent from responding with the full answer.

And I'm in no hurry to remove these PageReserved traces myself, since
it's not a bad idea to hold on to the bad_page cross-checking for a
release or two.

Hugh