Re: 2.6.16_rc1 psmouse hangs without KVM

From: Dmitry Torokhov
Date: Fri Jan 20 2006 - 11:37:16 EST

On 1/20/06, Ernst Rohlicek jun. <ernst.rohlicek@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hello list,
>

> My first post to the linux-kernel mailing list - a little report on
> mouse hang experiences on a PS/2 mouse :-)
>

> Since the change from 2.6.14 to 2.6.16_rc1, I got mouse hangs using a
> first-generation MS IntelliEye Explorer with USB->PS2 converter, no KVM,
> which ran smoothly on the official 2.6.14.
>

> The syslog message is ...
>
> psmouse.c: resync failed, issuing reconnect request
>
> and I have the exact symptoms - hang after about 10 sec mouse
> inactivity, then after 2 secs it's back to normal - as described in the
> thread ...

Ok, we need to fix that... Please to the following:

echo -n 5 > /sys/bus/serio/devices/serioX/resync_time
echo 1 > /sys/modules/i8042/parameters/debug
... wait 10 seconds ...
move the mouse slightly
... wait another 10 seconds ...
move the mouse slighty again
echo 0 > /sys/modules/i8042/parameters/debug

and send me your dmesg (or better /var/log/messages or whatever file
you use for kernel messages).

Thanks!

--
Dmitry