Re: RAID 5+0 support

From: Phillip Susi
Date: Thu Jan 19 2006 - 12:27:03 EST

Why on earth would you want to stripe two raid-5's instead of using one raid-5 that is twice as big? You'd get more usable disk space that way.

govind raj wrote:
Hi all,

We are using EVMS 2.5.4 on Linux 2.6.12.6 kernel version.

We find that kernel modules are available for RAID0, 1, 5, 1+0 as part of this kernel. But however, we do not find a similar module available for RAID 5+0. Can someone advise us of how we would be able to get this support added into the kernel? If this is not required as a kernel module, how do we create a RAID 5+0 using MD?

Thanks in advance for your help,

Govind