Re: X killed

From: Nix
Date: Thu Jan 19 2006 - 11:05:33 EST

On 17 Jan 2006, Lee Revell wrote:
> The problem is, this python application is not supposed to kill
> anything, so I think it is a bug in X, but I cannot find any way to
> trace the fault. Even gdb says the application was killed, so exited
> normally, and results in no back trace.
>
> Is there any way in Linux to find out who did the "killing" ?"

It's probably easiest to build the X server with debugging and use the
two-machine procedure outlined in
<http://xorg.freedesktop.org/wiki/DebuggingTheXserver>.

(If you don't have two machines and two displays, debugging it gets
very much harder.)

--
`Logic and human nature don't seem to mix very well,
unfortunately.' --- Velvet Wood