Re: - add-pselect-ppoll-system-call-implementation-tidy.patchremoved from -mm tree

From: David Woodhouse
Date: Thu Jan 19 2006 - 01:38:51 EST

On Wed, 2006-01-18 at 22:30 -0800, Andrew Morton wrote:
> So the lowest common denominator wins, because they hurt more than
> anyone else if we go outside 80-cols. I use 80-col xterms precisely
> for this reason: so that the code which goes in will look OK to those
> users.

That would make some sense if it weren't for the fact that the snippet
of patch I just showed doesn't actually improve the situation for the
lowest common denominator -- it only makes it worse for the rest of us.

Put real meaningful stuff within 80 columns by all means -- but please
allow lines to be longer than that if they're just 'fluff'.

--
dwmw2