Re: [patch] mm: cleanup bootmem

From: Jes Sorensen
Date: Mon Jan 16 2006 - 03:51:58 EST

>>>>> "Linus" == Linus Torvalds <torvalds@xxxxxxxx> writes:

Linus> On Sun, 15 Jan 2006, Nick Piggin wrote:
>> That's still completely functional after my patch. In fact, as I
>> said in a followup it is likely to work better than with David's
>> change to free batched pages as order-0, because I reverted back to
>> freeing them as higher order pages.

Linus> Ok. Then I doubt anybody will complain. I'm still wondering if
Linus> some of the other ugliness was due to some simulator
Linus> strangeness issues, but maybe even ia64 doesn't care that much
Linus> any more..

We still use simulators for a bunch of stuff, but I don't know if this
is affecting it or not. Jack Steiner may know more.

Cheers,
Jes