Re: [patch 00/62] sem2mutex: -V1

From: Ingo Oeser
Date: Sat Jan 14 2006 - 08:20:50 EST

On Friday 13 January 2006 22:04, Matan Peled wrote:
> Ingo Molnar wrote:
> > Ingo Oeser wrote:
> >> Could we get for each of these and a mutex:
> >>
> >> - description
> >> - common use case
> >> - small argument why this and nothing else should be used there
> >
> > like ... Documentation/mutex-design.txt?
>
> I think what he wanted was an explanation for the change of each and every
> sem... Which is kind of hard with automated tools.

No this is too much! I wouldn't expect this.

Just example conversions for each 3 conversion types with full discussion
(or discussion at all) like we do for all other patches would be enough.

semaphore -> mutex is explained a bit in Documentation/mutex-design.txt

Still missing:
- semaphore -> completion
- semaphore -> struct work

Regards