Re: 2.6.15-mm2: alpha broken

From: Andrew Morton
Date: Fri Jan 13 2006 - 17:18:51 EST

Paul Jackson <pj@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> And Andrew made a good point,

It's January - time for my annual good point.

> that matches up well with your mention
> of your "puny 1.8 GHz CPU." There is some efficiency to be gained
> from doing crosstool builds against 100 changes at once, rather than
> 100 developers each doing them for their one change.

Of course, people other than myself can and do run cross-builds on -mm
trees, which is doubleplus efficient. It appears that Adrian is doing
this, for one.

So the 100-or-more people write their patches, they go into -mm and then I
and a few others do the cross-compiling, feed back or fix any problems.