Re: Wireless: One small step towards a more perfect union...?

From: Jeff Garzik
Date: Wed Jan 11 2006 - 17:36:13 EST

Daniel Drake wrote:
FWIW, my opinion is that the devicescape code should be broken down and used to extend the existing stack, no matter how 'good' it is. The way it has been developed (i.e. totally outside of the ieee80211 stack) is somewhat insulting to our development process.

Strongly agreed, though perhaps some of the blame rests on me for letting ieee80211 sit around too long without a clear maintainer...

Jeff