Re: Back to the Future ? or some thing sinister ?

From: Ram Gupta
Date: Mon Jan 09 2006 - 10:25:30 EST

On 1/8/06, Nathan Lynch <ntl@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Chaitanya Hazarey wrote:
> >
> > We have got a machine, lets say X , make is IBM and the CPU is Intel
> > Pentium 4 2.60 GHz. Its running a 2.6.13.1 Kernel and previously,

Is this machine's time is synchronized with some server using ntp. I
had seen some very similar issue when the clock deviation was more
than a second .If clock is adjusted and time difference becomes more
than 2 sec the diffence becomes negative because timeval has its
members as signed int.It think that issue might be playing a role
here.

Ram