Re: State of the Union: Wireless

From: Johannes Berg
Date: Fri Jan 06 2006 - 06:30:18 EST

On Fri, 2006-01-06 at 12:00 +0100, Michael Buesch wrote:

> * "master" interface as real device node
> * Virtual interfaces (net_devices)

I didn't want to spam the netdev wiki with this (yet) so I collected
some more structured things outside. Anyone feel free to edit:
http://softmac.sipsolutions.net/802.11

I'll move that content to the netdev wiki if anyone else thinks it would
be a good way forward to start with requirements, API issues and
similar.

Until we get there, we'll fix up softmac to make it usable for most
people in basic station mode without any kind of virtual devices, which
will need some slight changes to the current ieee80211.

johannes