RE: [linux-pm] [patch] pm: fix runtime powermanagement's /sys interface

From: Preece Scott-PREECE
Date: Thu Jan 05 2006 - 17:20:37 EST

We do have multiple system-level low-power modes. I believe today they
differ in turning whole devices on or off, but there are some of those
devices that could be put in reduced-function/lowered-speed modes if we
were ready to use a finer-grained distinction.

This is, of course, in an embedded framework rather than a desktop
framework - we suspend and wakeup automatically, not via user
intervention. Answering a question asked in another piece of mail, we
have roughly a dozen different devices that cause the system to wakeup -
keypad press, touchscreen touch, flip open/close, etc.

And, PCI is totally alien to us...

scott