Re: bug reports ignored?

From: Folkert van Heusden
Date: Thu Jan 05 2006 - 16:43:10 EST

> > 20060103210252.GA2043@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> > Tue, 3 Jan 2006 22:03:36 +0100
> > [2.6.15] reproducable hang
> > this one still happens. System loses total network connectivity. When I
> > dial the system (by phone), asterisk (the software pabx) picks up the
> > phone and plays a sample, then it becomes mute. After that, the system
> > doesn't respond to anything at all. Even sysreq+t is ignored.
> > The last message on the console is:
> > eth1: transmit error tx status register 82
> Then you're in the situation where you have to narrow the bug down to
> something more reproduceable for other people. Possibly very few people
> on the list have 2.6.15 + asterisk + a sample to play + etc...
> Try to strace asterisk when this happens for instance, try to remove

That is not possible. The system doesn't respond to anything at that
time. I was surprised that asterisk still ran. I can easily (10 out of
10 times!) reproduce the problem by running tcpdump.

> a lot of loaded modules and configured options from your system, then
> you will finally reach a case where you can simply reproduce it with
> a 10-line C prog without a complex setup. With those info, it will be
> too complex and boring to try to reproduce your problem on any
> developer's system.

That is not an option unfortunately; production system.

Folkert van Heusden

--
Try MultiTail! Multiple windows with logfiles, filtered with regular
expressions, colored output, etc. etc. www.vanheusden.com/multitail/