Re: bug reports ignored?

From: Folkert van Heusden
Date: Thu Jan 05 2006 - 13:52:12 EST

> > Last couple of weeks I sent 2 bug-reports. They seem to be ignored. I was
> > wondering: what is missing in them? Am I sending them to the incorrect
> > address? One I also put into bugzilla (no reactions either).
> Perhaps you could let us know the subjects & dates of those two
> previous mails so they are easier to locate in the archives?

20051219190137.GA13923@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Mon, 19 Dec 2005 20:01:47 +0100
[2.6.13.3] occasional oops mostly in iget_locked

It seems that those oopses in iget_locked are gone since I ran 2.6.14.4
and currently run 2.6.15.

Other message:
20060103210252.GA2043@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Tue, 3 Jan 2006 22:03:36 +0100
[2.6.15] reproducable hang

this one still happens. System loses total network connectivity. When I
dial the system (by phone), asterisk (the software pabx) picks up the
phone and plays a sample, then it becomes mute. After that, the system
doesn't respond to anything at all. Even sysreq+t is ignored.
The last message on the console is:
eth1: transmit error tx status register 82

> - Sometimes bugs are reported with a *demand* that it be fixed *right
> now* or with other abusive language towards developers in the email.
> Such reports are usually ignored or, if responded to, don't get very
> positive replies.

Haha no I did not do that :-)

Folkert van Heusden

--
Try MultiTail! Multiple windows with logfiles, filtered with regular
expressions, colored output, etc. etc. www.vanheusden.com/multitail/