Re: [Query] regarding sock_ioctl in linux kernel

From: Ram Gupta
Date: Tue Jan 03 2006 - 10:09:46 EST

It seems that whenever socket is allocated it is also mapped with its
operations also as it calls sock_map_fd after sock_alloc or assigns
the sock->ops when duplicating it. Currently does not look like there
is need for the check but may be better to check to make sure there is
no ommission in new type of socket allocations in future.

regards
Ram Gupta