Correct Kbuild way to handle arches that don't implementreadq/writeq?

From: Bryan O'Sullivan
Date: Mon Jan 02 2006 - 16:32:03 EST

One of the requests during the first round of InfiniPath driver review
was to compile the driver on a 32-bit platform. Our driver requires
64-bit MMIO operations (readq and writeq) that are not available on some
arches, such as i386, and which can't be emulated safely in terms of
32-bit operations.

What's the correct way to get the driver to not compile on such
platforms? Do I use CONFIG_64BIT as a proxy for "has readq and writeq"?

<b