Re: Wish for 2006 to Alan Cox and Jeff Garzik: A functional Driver for PDC202XX

From: Alistair John Strachan
Date: Sun Jan 01 2006 - 12:56:20 EST

On Sunday 01 January 2006 17:39, 1qay beer wrote:
> Hello,
> Dear Alan Cox,
> Dear Jeff Garzik,
>
> Everyone a happy new year!
>
> We are in stable Kernel 2.6.14.5, year 2006.
> Since 1997 people asking on several list for a functional PDC202XX Driver.
> Since some years I spend hours and hours finding a solution for a stable
> driver. (PDC20269/Promise Ultra133 TX2)
> There seem to be none.
>
> There are two Solution:
> -The IDE Driver (pdc202xx_new) has still problems with "DMA Timeout".
> -The Libata Driver (pata_pdc2027x) seems to be still somewhat experimental.
>
> Unfortunatly I'am not a kernel developper else there would be probably
> already a solution ;-)
>
> So what is the Solution for the PDC20269 Ultra ATA Controller?
> I would mark this bold on the wishlist for 2006 ;-)

I own this controller and it's been working with the kernel driver since
2002.. I'm not sure what you expect people to do about clearly faulty
hardware. Just buy a new one?

--
Cheers,
Alistair.

'No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway.'
Third year Computer Science undergraduate.