Re: cpu hotplug oops on 2.6.15-rc5

From: Nathan Lynch
Date: Wed Dec 28 2005 - 14:29:16 EST

I wonder if this is related to the problem Sonny is seeing -- powerpc's
definitions of cpu_to_node et al. are not being used. The culprit is
some too-clever preprocessor usage in asm-generic/topology.h, for
example:

#ifndef cpu_to_node
#define cpu_to_node(cpu) (0)
#endif

But asm-powerpc/topology.h has cpu_to_node defined as a static inline
(which does not make it a preprocessor symbol), so we get the generic
- and incorrect - definition.

Does removing the #include of asm-generic/topology.h from the bottom
of asm-powerpc/topology.h have any effect?