Re: [SCHED] Totally WRONG prority calculation with specifictest-case (since 2.6.10-bk12)

From: Paolo Ornati
Date: Wed Dec 28 2005 - 12:36:59 EST

On Wed, 28 Dec 2005 18:23:23 +0100
Paolo Ornati <ornati@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Usually transcode's prio go to 17/18 and DD runs in 15/20s, but
> sometimes it doesn't fluctuate staying stuck to 16 and DD runs in ~50s.

And now I've noticed that when that prority stops fluctuating, it stops
forever. Running the DD test again and again doesn't change anything!

For some reasons (running time?) the trancode priority is stuck to 16
and DD always performs very badly: ~50s (normally it should be 8s).

When I've noticed this the real running time of the trancode test is
about 35/40 min.

--
Paolo Ornati
Linux 2.6.15-rc7-plugsched on x86_64