Re: [SCHED] Totally WRONG prority calculation with specifictest-case (since 2.6.10-bk12)

From: Paolo Ornati
Date: Wed Dec 28 2005 - 06:35:35 EST

On Wed, 28 Dec 2005 22:19:23 +1100
Con Kolivas <kernel@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> This latter thing sounds more like your transcode job pushed everything out to
> swap... You need to instrument this case better.

I don't know. The combination Swapped Out Programs + "normal" priority
strangeness can potentially result in a total disaster... but why
renicing transcode to "0" gets the system usable again?

Next time I'll grab "/proc/meminfo"... and what other info can help to
understand?

--
Paolo Ornati
Linux 2.6.15-rc5-plugsched on x86_64