Re: [2.6 patch] i386: always use 4k stacks

From: Michael Buesch
Date: Tue Dec 27 2005 - 17:26:09 EST

On Tuesday 27 December 2005 22:03, David Weinehall wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 15, 2005 at 10:16:05PM -0800, Alex Davis wrote:
> >

> > --- Dave Jones <davej@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > > We've already been through all this the previous times this came up.
> > >
> > > http://bcm43xx.berlios.de
> > >
> > > Whilst it's in early stages, it's making progress.
> > >
> > > Dave
> > >

> > I understand that, and am grateful for the effort, but the point is
> > it's not ready. Are you expecting people to lose an important feature
> > of their laptop until you get the driver ready?
>
> Yeah, it must be oh so important for the laptop owners with that
> particular chipset to run the -mm experimental kernels instead of, their
> distro kernel or the stable 2.6-kernel series or Linus latest
> installment (or even a git-snapshot or checkout...)

Well, the devicescape port of the bcm43xx driver works
very relieably on my Apple PowerBook with WPA encryption.
(WEP does also work).
I don't think there are lots of issues left for non-AccessPoint
modes. I simply assume you want to run the card in STA mode,
instead of rendering your expensive notebook into an AP. ;)

It's been a long time, since I plugged my ethernet cable into
the notebook the last time... .

--
Greetings Michael.